Okina owns or is entitled to use all of the Content made available on our Platforms or through our Services.
You may not, unless with our express consent –
- reproduce, publish, perform, broadcast, make an adaptation of, sell, lease, offer, expose or otherwise transfer or use for commercial purposes any Content;
- decompile or reverse engineer the Content, or reduce the Content to any format other than the format in which they were delivered;
- incorporate the Content into any other content for whatever purpose;
- remove any legal notices (copyright, trademark or other proprietary rights notices) in or on the Content; or
- frame any portion of a web page that is part of our Platforms or Services. You may retrieve, store, cite or refer to or print Content from any of our Platforms or Services for educational, research, non-commercial, private or personal use only, as provided for under South African copyright law. The caching of our Platforms shall only be allowed with our written permission and if –
- the purpose of the caching is to make the onward transmission of the Content from our Platform more efficient;
- the cached Content is not modified in any manner whatsoever;
- the cached Content is updated at least every 12 (twelve) hours; and
- the cached Content is removed or updated when so required by us. You may quote small and reasonable amounts of Content available from our Platforms only if such quote is placed in inverted commas, the author is acknowledged and a hyperlink to the quoted Content is provided as a footnote to such quote. All licenses and/or permissions granted in terms of this clause are provided on a non-exclusive and non-transferable basis and may be terminated or cancelled by us at any time without giving reasons therefore.
You will retain ownership of any original Content which you may upload, transmit or store when using our Platforms or Services.
Okina will own all compilations, collective works or derivative works created by us which may incorporate your Content.
You grant us an irrevocable, perpetual, worldwide and royalty-free right and license to use, publicly display, publish, publicly perform, reproduce, distribute, broadcast, adapt, modify and promote on any medium, your Content which you may upload or make available for inclusion on publicly accessible areas on our Platforms or through our Services.
Any content you transmit or post to publicly accessible areas on our Platforms or Services shall be considered non-confidential and non-proprietary. We shall have no obligations with respect to such Content.
You agree to adhere to our User Rules when posting or transmitting any Content or material to our Platforms or Services.
Third Party Content
Our Platforms or Services may include, from time to time, Content or advertisements from third parties and/or external links to other websites possessing their own content (“Third Party Content”).
You acknowledge that the Third Party Content –
- is beyond the control of Okina and that any reliance on any representation, statement or information contained in Third Party Content is at your risk;
- cannot be verified by Okina, and that Okina cannot be expected to determine its accuracy or reasonableness; and
- may contain representations, statements or information which does not represent the views, opinions or beliefs of Okina, its associates, directors or employees.